SAP CLOUD SERVICES
Your Place or Mine?
Early 19th Century all industrial companies had their own power plant because there was no uniform standard pertaining to power supply, once available companies were happy to forego generating their own power.
Cloud Providing companies can present a similar argument in current digital age. Operating hardware and software is not a core area of expertise for many companies. In contrast, a specialized provider can offer IT services, ranging from computing power and storage space all the way to complete applications
Good Reasons for Cloud-Computing
The most important reasons for customers to consider cloud-based computing< :
- Fast implementation time, providing quick access to functionality
- Reduced IT efforts because both hardware and software operation and maintenance are no longer responsible by the company, which is a direct ROI
- Flexibility due to subscription rather than licensing contracts and “pay-what-you-use” concepts
- Scalability to support changing business needs and supporting growth in the digital era cause of c
- cutting edge technologies